Thursday 9 May 2013

Experiments - or Lots of Posts I've Put Off

For some reason I just don't get around to blogging about some things. I think I'm just a little overwhelmed with study. I've tried a few new things, so I thought instead of writing separate posts for them all, I could just put it all under one post and call it a day.

1. I tried brushing my teeth with charcoal. Activated charcoal, not wood from a fire, silly. I read up and found that it adsorbs all the tannins in your teeth, so I decided to give it a go. I took a 'during' photo to show you how pretty I look:
                                        
but the result was next to nothing. My theories are that my teeth are stained with something that isn't tannins, or I didn't do it right. After I read up on it a bit more or something, I'll try it again, because I really hate normal toothpaste.

2. I dragged dad out to Harris farm markets and make him buy a $12 spaghetti squash. I've idolised it ever since I saw it on the internet, but I'd never been able to get it. So when I found it I battered my puppy dog eyes and got what I wanted :)
                                           
And I roasted it with a bit of rosemary and it was wonderful! It was so much better than what I was expecting it to be. I imagined the goopy stuff that goes with pumpkin seeds, but it's like al dente pasta that you can gorge on because it's a vegetable! It's fantastic. You can even twirl it around your fork and pretend you're eating bowls of gut wrenching angel hair. I reckon I could easily gorge on a whole half if I had a delectable garlic sauce. Or not. A bit of salt would be all I need, honestly.

3. Gelatine! Oh how I love you, dessertifier. I made a basic jelly recipe, but included too much lemon juice and too much gelatine so I had to eat it like a block of food. And I didn't dissolve the gelatine properly so I'd get the occasional chunk of harder, flavourless goo. I've added it to other things since, like smoothies and noatmeals (makes it the perfect consistency if you add it the second you pour it into the bowl), and I even added it to some scrambled eggs once. I can see it being used through the rest of my life. It's like a protein powder that makes you look younger, what else would you want??

No comments:

Post a Comment